Christmas Turkey Recipe- How to Prepare XMAS Turkey Recipe. Get here Special Christmas Turkey Recipe Cooking Tips
Merry Christmas Folks!!! So how you celebrating Christmas this year. Celebrating it with friends or family. Called your Friends for dinner and cooking Turkey for them. Well if you are confused about the Turkey Recipe here we are to help you out with that. I have been following this recipe from two years, and the Turkey has never failed to impress any guest or friend arriving at my house on Christmas. So I want to share this special Christmas Turkey Recipe with you all guys! So here is how to prepare the Christmas Turkey. The best dish you can have at this special time.
Christmas Turkey Recipe: Roasted Turkey
I have tried to get into simpler and easier terms. And hope you after making it you will enjoy the Delicious Turkey along with your friends and family. Let’s start with the Christmas Turkey Recipe without wasting any more time.
What all you be needing: The Ingredients:
- 1 sprig picked leaves of fresh sage
- 12 strips higher-welfare pancetta or thinly sliced streaky bacon
- 1 garlic bulb chopped into cloves
- 4 medium peeled red onions
- 2 sticks trimmed and chopped celery
- 1 pack of breadcrumbs
- 1 handful dried apricots
- 2 peeled carrots
- 1 large orange
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1.1 litres organic chicken or vegetable stock
- 300 g higher-welfare minced pork
- 1 zest of lemon
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- Common Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 small rosemary
- 4-4.5 kg Turkey (Not frozen- Must be at room temperature)
How to Cook or Roast the Turkey:
Let us go step by step and make the best roasted Turkey-
- Preheat the oven to maximum. Add a small splash of Olive Oil, the sage leaves and 6 of the pancetta or bacon strips into the pre-heated saucepan.
- Peel and chop 2 garlic cloves and 1 onion.
- Into the saucepan add the garlic, celery and onion and fry everything gently until they change their colour into golden brown.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the breadcrumbs and chopped apricots while the mixture in the pan is cooling down.
- Once the stuffing has cooled down, add the pork, lemon zest, nutmeg, egg and lots of salt and pepper, and mix everything together well.
- You will some Pancetta or bacon strips, Slice them in half and slice 1 peeled garlic clove into thin slivers.
- Place a rosemary sprig and a garlic sliver on one end of a halved strip of pancetta and roll it up tightly. Make a total of 12 little rolls.
- Make 6 holes on the thighs and drumsticks of the turkey on each side. Push a little pancetta roll into each hole until it just peeps out. This’ll give your turkey thighs a fantastic flavour and will keep them moist while they cook.
- Chop the remaining onions in half and slice the carrots thickly.
- Clean your turkey inside out with a kitchen paper and place it on a board with neck portion towards you.
- Free the skin by peeling it gently from the Turkey’s breast. Make sure you don’t make any holes into it, so go slowly while peeling of the skin.
- Lift the loose skin at the neck end and spoon the stuffing between the skin and the breast, tucking the flap of skin underneath to stop anything leaking out.
- Pop the orange in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm it up and stuff it into the cavity.
- Before cooking the stuffed turkey, weigh it and calculate the cooking time (about 20 minutes per 500g/1lb 2oz).
- Place the stuffed turkey on a large roasting tray, rub it all over with olive oil and season well. Also, surround the turkey with the chopped carrots, onions, remaining garlic, cover with tinfoil and place in the preheated oven.
- Turn the heat down right away to 180°C/ Gas 4, and roast for the calculated time, or until the juices run clear from the thigh if you pierce with it a knife or a skewer.
- Remove the tinfoil for the last 45 minutes to brown the bird.
- Make sure you lift the turkey carefully out of the tray. And give it some rest for at least 1 hour or time may depend on the size of the turkey.
- When the resting time’s nearly up, skim the surface fat from the roasting tray and add the flour and stock.
- Carve your turkey, serve with the gravy and dig in!
Here is the best roasted Turkey you will every taste. Make sure you share it and enjoy the Best Stuffed Roasted Turkey. If you have any feedback let us know. We will be happy to see your response for the Turkey.