Home Remedies for Sneezing- There are many causes of sneezing such as food, allergies, pollen, mold, common cold, changes environment, smoke, dust … Sneezing constantly not only makes your nose sore, uncomfortable but also affects your life and work such as lack of concentration, irritation, tire. However, sneezing is not the irritating, troublesome problem if you apply the following top 7 remedies for sneezing effectively and safely.
- Method 1: Crush garlic, extract its juice, mix with a little of honey at a ratio of 1 teaspoon of fluid garlic and 2 teaspoons of honey. You stir the mixture together, soak a soft cotton into the mixture but the cotton is not too wet, and then you tuck it into your nose 3 times a day. You can replace honey with sesame oil.
- Method 2: The peeled garlic slices or crushes, and then soak in 1 liter white wine. You should maintain in a tight bottle, keep it in the cool place for 10 days. Occasionally you check and shake the bottle. When the wine gradually changes from white to saffron, you can drink. Drink one teaspoon of garlic wine 2 times a day in the morning and evening.
- Method 3: You use 2 to 3 small cloves of garlic (each clove fit kid’s little finger) or 1 to 1.5 large cloves (black garlic, each clove fit adult’s middle finger). Depending on the person’s weight and age uses the reasonable amount of garlic.
You keep garlic peel, pack cloves of garlic in several layers of silver foil (this baking will not make the garlic peel burnt and black), wrap tight, evenly bake on the side of the fire for only about 10 to 15 seconds until the aroma of the garlic emits. You wait for it to cool, peel the foil, take the garlic, peel out, scrape the burned part, and place it in a small bowl, crush garlic with spoon, add a little water (about 1-2 tsp) and then dissolve it. You drink water and feed as much residue of garlic as possible.
Please note: You also make sure that you are not allergic to garlic. In case of having reactions such as rash or stuffy nose, stop using immediately and go to hospital.
Peppermint oil that have effective antibacterial properties not only decontaminates respiratory but also helps to relieve nasal congestion so that you can breathe easily. Rub a little peppermint oil on the nose. Steam from peppermint stimulates the blood vessels to dilate, so that the air in the body circulates easier and you will feel less stuffy. You can also set peppermint oil tablet in the bathroom or in the bedroom.
Sucking peppermint not only relieves congestion.
- Inhaling steam
- Method 1: Place the pot of hot water on a table or in a moderately high chair, cover the pot’s mouth with a towel so that your face directly absorbs the steam. Keep reasonable distance to avoid being burned. You can add some oils in the pot to relieve congestion, refresh your nose. You can inhale steam for about 10 minutes. Even with less than 10 minutes if you feel the skin to begin heating or overheated steam, stop immediately.
- Method 2: Alternatively, you inhale steam your nose with basil or peppermint leaves as follows. You wash peppermint or basil leaves, drain and brake in the teapot, inhale steam which emits from the teapot. When the tea has cooled down, we can use as drinking water. Essential oils from peppermint and basil can clear nasal cavity, relieve nasal congestion. In addition, you can also apply nasal inhalation therapy in the shower by using hot water to bath. Using hot water to bath is not only good for health, but also avoids the temperature difference between inside and outside the body. That the emit of heat dilates the catheter of nasal cavity stimulates the process of push mucus outside the catheter, which prevents the dirt, bacteria outside from attacking your nose.
- Method 3: Crush 50 gram onion and 50 gram fresh ginger and then mix them with 2 teaspoons of vinegar, put into a bowl of hot water for nasal inhalation. You roll a sheet of cardboard into the funnel, put it in the bowl containing the mixture of steam water, then slowly inhale both sides of the nose until the moisture decreases.
Please note when using this tip: Ginger cleans but not to trim because it may deteriorate or diminish the effect of ginger. The funnel used to inhale stream water is not too short, or too long, about 50cm. Because the short funnel will cause burn, or the long funnel will be very difficult to inhale.
Honey contain antioxidants and antimicrobial properties can fight viruses, bacteria to treat cold and the basic symptoms of the cold – cause of sneezing. Using honey regularly enhances and improves the immune system and treat many medical conditions such as oral thrush or dry socket.
- Method 1: You brew a cup of warm tea, add lemon juice and honey and stir. Drink 2 times a day and drink regularly for 2 to 3 days. For children 2-5 years old, you can mix ½ teaspoon of honey with ½ teaspoon lemon and drink 2-4 times a day.
- Method 2: You treat sneezing by mixing 1 cup of warm water, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 3 cloves of chopped garlic. If the taste of garlic makes it difficult to drink, you can replace by 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Dividing into 3 times a day is good for your nasal cavity. Otherwise, you can use this remedy for thicker eyebrows.
Use saline is the easiest way and also very effective to washing away the bacteria causing runny nose. Using saline to clean the inside of the nostrils by mixing about ½ teaspoon of salt to and a cup of warm water. Then use cotton wool soak every drop of saline into the nose or directly drip in your nose. You should lightly inhale to make saline get into the nose further. Do not assume that saline will make you feel uncomfortable, on the contrary, it will make it easier to breathe and much more pleasant. You do this 3 times a day.
- Ageratum conyzoides
Pick the fresh plant, dip, wash, drain, smash to extract its juice, soak a cotton wool into the juice. This cotton wool inserts into the nostrils for 15 to 20 minutes. You open this wool to push pus from the nasal cavity and nose outside and sneeze gently. You should avoid sneezing strongly because pus from the nasal cavity can expose to links between the nose and ears (called the eustachian tube) causing otitis.
- Drinking plenty of fruit juice
The symptoms of sneezing are the overreactions when the immune system of the body exposes to the adverse conditions of the environment. Maintaining the habit of drinking more juices or fruit smoothies will help you strengthen your immune system and prevent other nasal diseases. The fruits filled with abundant level of vitamin C such as oranges, lemons, tangerines, grapefruit, avocados… will give you the most effective treatment for sneezing because of antibacterial properties.
Wish you get well soon with top 7 home remedies for sneezing as above.